Not only does it make hands and feet look bad, but it makes us more unsafe, painful, and unsanitary. Summer without showing off your feet? Undemonstrable hands? Do not allow it, for that you need to act in time with the Best Toenail Fungus Treatments that the infection requires.
The first thing you have to do is identify the area and how long you have had the infection in the nail. Usually a medicated nail polish or cream, such as ciclopirox or zinc undecylenate, is very useful to treat within a few weeks. But if it persists or worsens, it is better to see your doctor, who may accompany this treatment with oral antifungals.
When we detect the presence of the fungus in our nails, it is because an infection has been created due to the excessive growth of fungus around or under the nails. That is when we begin to notice that the nail becomes harder, thickens, and with the passage of time it crumbles and detaches from the nail bed.
It can be seen as a dark spot, ranging from yellow to brown, and in some cases, it can turn completely black. That’s when we will notice an unpleasant appearance on your nails, but it can also smell bad or hurt.
How dangerous is nail fungus?
When you already notice nail fungus, it is time to treat it immediately. The faster it is treated, the less dangerous it will be for you and your nail. As the fungus continues to spread on the toenails, the greater chance of pain and discomfort, it will also generate unpleasant odors and the nail will become thicker and thicker.
An untreated fungus can eventually lead to permanent damage, such as distorted nails. It is like that silent enemy that feeds on the nail itself and the skin of the foot while getting stronger as time goes by. This, of course, will make removing the fungus that much more difficult later.
Best Toenail Fungus Treatments
1. DR. Luke Toenail Fungus Treatment
Dr. Luke Fungal Nail is surely among the best treatments for toenail fungus removal. Any type of fungus can work, the one that is born in the root of the nail or the upper part.
It is a brand that uses many natural ingredients, such as argan and clove oil to reinforce the formula. It includes a file, to file the nail well before each application, and enough product for the entire process.
2. Aliver Herb Nail Fungus Treatment
Who said that a low-cost product cannot give you back your healthy nails? This antifungal cream is proof that it can be done.
It is an all-in-one format that not only kills the fungus from the root but also seeks to improve the appearance of the nail, recover it, make it less brittle and regain its shine because it deeply rehydrates.
3. Imperial Feet Nail Mycosis Solution Toenail Fungus Treatment
Did you know that water promotes the growth of bacteria and fungi? Therefore, this formula dispenses with that ingredient and is made with an oil base.
It not only has a great value for money but also quantity for the money. With 75ml it works for multiple treatments because you need little. Dutch podiatrists endorse it and the positive opinion of its users as well.
4. Swiss Footcare Toenail Fungus Treatment
We had to add to this selection a nail repairer with a formula as rich in natural ingredients and powerful as this one. The fungal nail on the nail disappears effectively, but for a better result, it should be applied generously twice a day on the clean nail.
It is a recommended treatment for diabetics. There is no contact with the product, bring an applicator brush!
5. Scholl Toenail Fungus Treatment
For the price it has, it is amazing that you can obtain visible results from the second week, which is why it has earned a place in the comparison.
Its convenient dispenser is part of its trick because it allows the product to reach under the nail. Thus, when reaching the root of the problem, it attacks it from the first application.
6. Toulifly Nail Fungus Treatment
If the fungus does not discriminate between fingernails and toenails, why should the treatment be? This is a cheap treatment because with a single investment you get effective treatment for both areas, but with the delicacy that the skin of your hands needs. In addition, it accelerates cell regeneration and nail growth.
7. PTKOONN Toenail Fungus Treatment
The comfortable applicator of this nail polish, in the form of a marker, means that placing the product on the affected nail does not need any contact with the fungus or the product, thus we prevent possible infections. This kit comes with two bottles, while its formula is quite natural, so you will not experience discomfort or pain from heavier chemicals.
What you Need to Know to Optimally Treat Nail Fungus
Once we really understand why fungus occurs on our nails, then it is easier to avoid it than to prevent it. It can occur on both fingernails and toenails, but it is easier to spread on the feet.
And is that humidity is the perfect means of spreading the fungus, that is why its possibility of contagion is increased much more by excessive sweating or hyperhidrosis or poorly drying feet, for example.
It is recommended to treat the fungus as soon as possible with thesr best toenail fungus treatments, but if the fungus persists or becomes very painful or the deterioration of the nail accelerates, then it is best to visit your dermatologist.
We can prevent this from going to more, just make sure you buy the best antifungal for your nails and follow these recommendations:
- Topical gels and serums to clean the nails before applying antifungal nail polishes are key because they help prepare the area so that the polishes penetrate well and do a more optimal job.
- If the nails are kept long, the risk of spreading and breaking the nail is greater, so it is best to cut and trim the nails frequently.
- Nail lacquers with amorolfine are also key so that fungi do not spread, in addition to being an activity that fights fungi, yeasts, and molds in the area where it is applied.
- It is a long treatment that requires continuity to ensure not only that it is no longer seen, but that it disappears at the root. That is why you should apply the nail polish twice a week for 12 months.
- No matter which nails fungus product you have chosen, it is important that the affected nail is thoroughly clean and dry before applying the product.
- To avoid contamination of the fungus on other surfaces or other parts of your body, the ideal is that you use sterile cotton swabs on the nails.
- For the duration of the treatment, the ideal is to change frequent footwear to one that is breathable. It is important to avoid exposure to extremely humid conditions.
- It is important to avoid bumps on the nails and take much more care of the area, it is also convenient to use antimicrobial shoes, all this will help us to accelerate the healing process.
- Under no circumstances share your nail polish or nail clippers with other people.
See More: Best Affordable Nail Dust Collectors