Tips and Trick 2021: How to know if someone read my email sent from GMAIL, Outlook, or Yahoo
Among the GMAIL tricks preferred by everyone, one of the most frequent questions you have when sending an email is how to know if they have read the email that I have sent them. For this reason, we indicate the various ways to find out.
When sending an email, it is very common for this question to arise, that is if the message was really sent and received by the person to whom it was addressed.
That is why email companies created ways to know if an email has already been read, so below we point out the following to know if your email has been read if you have sent it from GMAIL, Outlook, or Yahoo, let’s see.
How do I know if my email has been read in GMAIL?
In the case of GMAIL, the ideal way to know if an email was read is through a previous configuration, which consists of the following steps:
- The first thing you should do is enter Gmail with your email and password.
- Press the “Compose” button to start writing the e-mail.
- Enter the contacts you want to receive the email, followed by the subject and the message.
- Once you have the email ready, locate the icon with a downward arrow that opens “More options” at the bottom of the tab.
- Press the “Request reading confirmation” button.
- And to finish press “Send”.
The person receiving the email will have to press the “Send confirmations” button once they have read the message so that you can confirm that it was received.
The way to know this confirmation is when you receive an email in the inbox with the data of receipt of the email.
We must know that this configuration will only apply to this specific email, so if you want to send another email with this specification you must do the process again.
It should be noted that the read confirmation option is activated in GMAIL for business users, whose account is from a company or educational institution.
Also, this account had to have been set up by a Google services administrator.
Know if the recipient received my email: YAHOO
On the other hand, the postal company YAHOO has not yet enabled the reading confirmation on its platform; however, there are some useful tips that could help you know if the recipient received the email.
The first tip is to check your inbox to see if an email has arrived (once the email has been sent), where it indicates that there is an error when delivering it.
The previous step will indicate that the mail sent by Yahoo Mail was sent correctly to the contact, but it does not confirm 100% that it has been received.
Other tips that you can use to confirm the receipt of an email sent from your YAHOO account is:
- Ask the contact in the body of the message to perform a read receipt.
- You can write, for example: “Please reply to the confirmation of reading this email once it is received.”
- Also, you can contact the person by phone indicating that an email was sent and that you need confirmation that it was received by them.
On some occasions we may receive read receipts in your YAHOO account, this may be because they were sent from corporate accounts that have this option to confirm receipt.
Know if they read the mail sent by Outlook
In another vein, Outlook presents you with some settings within its platform to know if a person has read a sent email.
To perform this configuration you must comply with the following instructions:
- Access Outlook from your personal computer.
- Locate yourself in the menu section.
- Look for the “File” option
- Click on the “Options” icon
- Then click on “Mail.”
- Look for the “Tracking” section
- Select by checking the following two options in the box:
- Delivery confirmation, which reaffirms that the message was delivered to the recipient’s email server.
- Read receipt, confirms that the recipient has seen the message.
- Then select in the section “Always ask if you want to send the read confirmation”.
- To finish, press the “Accept” button.
It is important that you understand that this configuration will remain for all emails you send from now on.
But if you want the follow-up to be done for a single email, from your Outlook account you can do it by following these simple steps:
- Access Outlook from your computer to the browser you use
- Find and hit the “New email message” button.
- Enter the contacts to whom the email will be sent, followed by the subject and the message.
- Then select the tab “Options” in the bar at the top.
- Locate and check the options “Request a delivery confirmation” and “Request read confirmation.”
- To finish the shipment, you just have to press “Send”.
The confirmation of delivery and receipt of the message can be seen in the inbox once the person receives and reads the message.
In summary, depending on the platform you use, you will have the option of reading confirmation; However, even if you do not have this option in your email account, you may have alternatives that will help you to confirm it.
Always remember to be attentive to your email in case of shipping errors and try to get the contact to whom you send the email to confirm the address before sending it.
We hope this article is very useful to answer your questions about How to know if they have read my email? As you can see, easy tricks like the ones we have explained to find out if the WhatsApp messages we have talked about have been read before.